1968 Shelby GT 500 KR
1968-Shelby-GT 500 KR
My Hot Cars is Ecstatic to present this absolute Gem, a 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Convertible. The history and provenance of this Classic Muscle car is rarely seen in todays market. This fully documented Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 KR Convertible has the original numbers matching and date coded 428 Cobra Jet V-8 engine with the correct 4 Speed manual transmission. Not only is this a great story of life, but it is with such an iconic and rare Muscle car. This Shelby was shipped to Larsen Ford in White Plains, NY in 1968. Then transferred to Lyman Gridley Lincoln Mercury Dealership in Elmira, NY where it was purchased by a neighbor in October of 1969. After looking at this car virtually every day for two years Mr. Love was able to purchase the Shelby of his dreams from the original owner in September of 1971. This Shelby was his pride and joy and was reserved for special occasions until he moved to California in 1980. He placed the Shelby in storage in 1983 until it was time to begin the total rotisserie restoration which was completed in 2008. This car that took him to college, saw him build a business career, was there when he got married, and was a constant as he raised his children. It has been a true love affair and a wonderful story, and now its ready for the next chapter.
Factory Options Include:
• Numbers Matching 428 Cobra Jet V-8 engine.
• Engine Block Date Code: 8E6 = May 6,1968.
• Correct 4 Speed manual transmission.
• Factory correct GT Equipment Group.
• Visibility Group.
• Power Steering.
• Power Front Disc Brakes.
• Tilt-Away Steering Column.
• Factory AM Radio.
• Interior Decor Group.
• Black Bucket Seats with Center Console.
• Tachometer and Full Gauge Package.
• Power Convertible Top with Glass Backlight rear window.
• 15" Stock Shelby Hubcaps.
• Complete with Factory Invoice.
• Fully Documented with Marti Report.
• Certified in the Shelby Registry.
• Authentic Carroll Shelby Autographed Glove Box with Certificate.
• Well over $100,000 to complete the restoration.
• 4,451 Shelbys were Produced in 1968.
• 1,571 of these were GT-500KRs.
• 518 were GT-500KR Convertibles.
• 267 Shelby Convertibles with 4-Speed Manual Transmission.
• 183 Shelby Convertibles were finished with this Paint/Trim Combo
If you are a serious collector or a lover of cars, then this is a must own vehicle
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 428 CID.
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Highland Green
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- GT 500 KR
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console